Best Android Game Apps for Mobile and Tablet
Mobile gaming has taken the world by storm and on this page of our site, we bring you the best Android game apps. Our selection includes action games for mobiles devices as well as puzzle games, adventure games, and more. Many of these are available to download for free from the Google Play store but be sure to check as soon have in-app purchases and others require a one time purchase charge.
Best Android Game Apps
- The Room Series: This puzzle game from Fireproof is one of the best and most exciting puzzle series ever produced. There are now three games in the series and with each new edition the scope and complexity have grown. Players have to solve a series of puzzle objects to progress to the next level and get a small piece of the story. All three games are excellent and great fun to play. They are both mentally challenging and satisfying and beautifully designed. This is a paid app and the price varies depending on the title you choose.
- Plague, Inc.: If you're looking for action games for Android, Plague, Inc. is great. You control an epidemic and you have to try and spread it around the world killing everyone before a cure can be developed. You have lots of tools that you can use to mutate the virus too. You can add symptoms, methods of communicability, and resistances. You gain DNA points that you can spend on more abilities too. You can even watch the effects of the virus in a newsfeed. It's a fun game based on real-world simulation and it's free to download from the Google Play Store.
- Alto's Adventure: This is a snowboarding adventure game with simple one-touch controls that allow you to guide Alto and other unlockable characters down the mountain. You get to do backflips, grinding, and more to some amazing scenery. This game is available for free with in-app purchases and is a must for any snowboarding fan.
- PUBG: PlayerUnknown Battlegrounds for mobile is a free survival shooter game and perfect for those looking for action games for Android. Players are dropped on an island with 99 other players and they must battle to see who will survive. It works really well on mobile and just like the original, players get to parachute, loot buildings, and even create a squad of up to four players for a team effort.
- Monument Valley: This puzzle inspired game is one of the best types of mobile games. It's strange but deeply rewarding. Players control the tiny Princess Ida as she goes on a mysterious mission in a place called Monument Valley. It is made up of strange structures and there are lots of black birds everywhere. Players must guide Ida around the monuments, twisting and sliding in order to make it to the next level. Everything about this game is excellent from the art and music to the simple controls and the story. This is a paid game but well worth investing in for hours of fun.
- The Escapists: In this Android game players are stuck in a prison. As they go about their daily routines they realize that the right tools and plan will help them break out. This game uses old school graphics and players have to piece together the best way to escape from several different prisons. They get tools by stealing utensils, paying prisoners who can get stuff in and doing jobs to get money to pay for things. It is a fun and challenging game for anyone that likes solving puzzles.
- Riptide GP: Renegade: The graphics on this game are fantastic. It's a jet ski style racing game where players become a disgraced former champion competing against other racers. Players get to perform stunts and defeat bosses for a chance to reclaim their former glory. It great fun to play and definitely worth a feature in our best Android game app list. Ingress: Before Pokémon Go, Ingress was Niantic's best augmented reality game. Players get to join up with The Enlightened or The Resistance and player with users all around them. If you like playing Pokémon Go but wish it has less Pokémon, then Ingress is a must play and it's free from the Google Play store.
- Xenowerk: This is a dual stick shooter game that sees players taking out mutants in the aftermath of a science experiment gone wrong. Players have to go deeper and deeper into multiple levels of an underground science facility and shoot their way through objectives, grabbing new weapons, and making their way to the exit. Players also have some cool skills they can use such as freezing their enemies to slow them down and healing themselves. There are dark levels where players have only a flashlight to guide them creating an eerie atmosphere. It's a great choice for some shooting action.
- Hearthstone: Developed by one of the top mobile game companies, Hearthstone is one of the best collectable card game experience you'll find on mobile devices. The game is based on World of Warcraft and there are nine classes, each with their own deck. This allows for a variety of different play styles. Players can choose from single player or competitive multiplayer options so it's great for quick or more in-depth games. Hearthstone is available for free in the Google Play Store.